In this series of editorial, the author shall discuss the Quick bites on ‘Extension of AGM for the f.y. 2019-20”.
After receiving copious questions from our professional colleagues through our WhatsApp groups “Google Form”, inside this editorial, we have ventured to clarify all those questions received till date relating to the ‘Extension of AGM’.
|1.||Whether the Companies are required to file any form with the ROC for the f.y. 2019-20 for the extension of the AGM?
As per the general relaxation given by the ROC’s under the MCA guidance for the f.y. 2019-20, there is no obligation to file any form with the ROC for the extension of the AGM.
|2.||Whether the Companies are required to pass any Board/ Shareholder resolution for the extension of the AGM?
For the f.y. 2019-20, due to the general relaxation given by the ROC/ MCA, there is no obligation to pass any resolution for the extension of the AGM.
|3.||How one calculate the due date of the AGM?
As per section 96(1) and first proviso, the due date of holding of the AGM is earlier of the following:
|4.||Whether all the Companies can hold their AGM for 2019-20 till December 31, 2020, due to the general exemption?
As per the exemption, ROC has given the extension for holding of the AGM by 3 months from the due date of the AGM.
The due date is required to be calculated as per question No. 3. Therefore, it shall be wrong to say that the extension is given to all theCompanies to hold their AGM till December 31, 2020.
|5.||Whether the financial statements of the Companies can be signed after September 30, 2020, due to the extension of the AGM?
As per Company Law, Companies are required to approve the financial statements in the AGM. If the Company holds the AGM on any date after September 30, 2020, then in such cases the Financial statements can also be signed on or after September 30, 2020.
|6.||What shall be the due date of filing of AOC-4 for the f.y 2019-20, if the date of AGM is December 31, 2020?
In this case, the due date for filing of AOC-4 shall be January 30, 2021.
|7.||What shall be the due date of filing of MGT-7 for f.y. 2019-20, if the date of AGM is December 31, 2020?
In this case, the due date for filing of MGT-7 shall be March 01, 2021.
Follow us on the following platforms
- Youtube- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxg-RvIn-GdQ3ul6isI_c4w
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/divesh.goyalii.7
- Facebook group for updates and discussions on Corporate Law-https://www.facebook.com/groups/gyangurukul
- Vacancies through Google Form- http://www.csdiveshgoyal.info/2020/06/vacancy-updates-through-google-form.html
- Facebook group for CS vacancies for members and students- https://www.facebook.com/groups/csjobs2020/?post_id=589093692045210
- Link for receiving updates through mail: Fill this form to get regular updates-https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScpQMjbei2vgi7l2_g9kcAOHIXYDPNNo3L2HqHhKuj2kk7PXw/viewform
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/cs_divesh_goyal/?hl=en
- Ping me on WhatsApp No. 8130657778 for joining Watsapp group for regular updates on Corporate Law.https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=918130657778text=welcome
Disclaimer: The entire contents of this document have been prepared based on relevant provisions and as per the information existing at the time of the preparation. Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy, completeness and reliability of the information provided, I assume no responsibility therefore. Users of this information are expected to refer to the relevant existing provisions of applicable Laws. The user of the information agrees that the information is not professional advice and is subject to change without notice. I assume no responsibility for the consequences of use of such information.
IN NO EVENT SHALL I SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGE RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE INFORMATION