What is Due Date of Filling of LLP-8 with ROC for F.Y. ended 31.03.2020.
In this editorial author going to discuss due date of filling of LLP-8 with Registrar of Companies for financial year 2019-20 along with date of signing of Financial Statement of LLP-8.
We have received a lot of queries from professionals in our WhatsApp group “Gyan Gurukul” whether any extension in filing of e-form LLP-8 for f.y. 2019-20.
- Provisions of Law:
As per Section 34 read with rule 24(4) of LLP Act:
- Every LLP shall, within a period of sic months from the end of each financial year, prepare a Statement of Account and Solvency for the said financial year. Therefore, generally due date of signing of financial statement of LLP is 30th September
- LLp shall within a period of 30 days from the end of six months of the financial year file the same with the Registrar in Form No. 8. Therefore, due date of filing of LLP-8 is 30th October
- LLP Settlement Scheme
- As per Modified LLP Settlement Scheme, general circular no. 13/ 2020 dated 30th March 2020:
“Any defaulting LLP is permitted to file belated documents, which were due for filing till 31st August 2020.”
- As per general circular no. 31/ 2020 dated 28th September, 2020:
“aforesaid scheme dated 30th March, 2020 extended till 31st December, 2020”
After reading of above-mentioned provisions of LLP Act and General Circulars issued by Ministry of Corporate Affairs it can be compiled that:
“LLP Settlement Scheme allowed all the LLP’s to file all their forms with ROC without any additional fees till 31st December 2020, with condition that due date of all those forms should be on or before 31st August 2020.”
“As per Section 34, due date of LLP-8 is 30th October 2020, which is after 31st August, 2020.”
One can opine that as LLP-8 for the financial year 2019-20 having due date 30th October 2020 which is after 31st August 2020.
- LLP-8 for f.y. 2019-20 doesn’t fall under LLP Settlement Scheme, 2020.
- LLP-8 for f.y. 2019-20 should be file till 30th October 2020
- If LLP-8 filed after 30th October 2020 then it is liable for additional fees and shall be considered as noncompliance under LLP Act.
Author – CS Divesh Goyal, GOYAL DIVESH & ASSOCIATES Company Secretary in Practice from Delhi and can be contacted at [email protected]).
Disclaimer: The entire contents of this document have been prepared based on relevant provisions and as per the information existing at the time of the preparation. Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy, completeness and reliability of the information provided, I assume no responsibility, therefore. Users of this information are expected to refer to the relevant existing provisions of applicable Laws. The user of the information agrees that the information is not a professional advice and is subject to change without notice. I assume no responsibility for the consequences of use of such information.
IN NO EVENT SHALL I SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGE RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE INFORMATION